Tuesday 6 December 2016

Terrain Tuesday #20


It's been a little while since I did a round-up of purchases from charity shops.  So here goes...

First up is a bottle of stuff I picked up a couple of months ago.  I'm sure it'll come in for basing (or I may have to make a pile of coal a la 'Railway Children')


The next I picked up last week.  I don't know if they're ornaments or the remains of a chess set, but with a little dry-brushing they will make monumental statuary.



And last Friday I hit the Pulp jackpot when the shop I went into had a half a shelf devoted to Egyptian bits and pieces! 



And while we're on Pulp, how about the greatest Pulp Hero of all time?  Not terrain, but it came from a charity shop.

Where can I get Snowy in a space suit?

And not from a charity shop, but terrain, are these skull beads which came from China via eBay and arrived just before Halloween.  They're a tad out of scale for normal use - but what is Pulp and Lost World without giants and giant apes?!  Thanks to Martin Cooke for the tip (he got the red ones and put them to good use).





3 comments:

  1. great finds, the skulls look great, especially the crazing. We will need to start to think about our joint Curtgeld at some time. I have no ideas yet, although Tintin and Capt Haddock have suddenly leapt to mind - think they would meet the rules. I know where to get a captain Haddock and I'm sure I've seen a Tintin somewhere - Copplestone maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice finds in the charity shops :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool. Those skulls make for great totem poles when you stack em up. Cheers

    ReplyDelete