Friday 6 September 2013

Books and Stuff

My weekly round-up of book news.

What I've read this week...

I carried on with Untying the Knots, A Pound of Paper and Minutes of the Suffolk Humane Society.  Which sounds like I've done a lot of reading, but I haven't.  I have had each of those open at some stage though.


What I've bought this week...

Nothing.  My austerity drive continues.

Donald Featherstone

Donald Featherstone and Stan Aspinal
A lot has been written on the wargaming blogs about Donald Featherstone since his death last weekend.  I haven't anything to add as I can't claim to have been influenced by him.  I have a couple of his books (military history rather than wargaming), but I haven't yet read them.

I am interested in the history of the hobby though, and the best thing I've read this week about Featherstone's contribution is a typically thoughtful piece on Rear Guard Action which puts him in a larger context.

2 comments:

  1. Another interesting blog. Different view of DF, but just as valid as the mainstream. I enjoyed it (but then got sidetracked reading other posts!).

    ReplyDelete